Skip to main content

One Year and Counting

I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.  (Philemon 1:6)

One year ago today “Frank’s World” was born.  It started with a Verse of the Day and Sports page, and has grown considerably ever since.  I’d like to thank all of you for your support and encouragement for there have been times when I wished I never made this daily commitment.  I’ve had files corrupted and spent days completely rebuilding the pages from scratch.  I’ve anguished over the design of the site and struggled to find ways to make it more interactive.  I’ve encountered hotels with no dataports and lines that refused to keep a connection.

But all these battles are something I’ve come to embrace.  I take too much joy in sharing the gifts the Lord has provided me with to allow these things to affect me.  I also take great pleasure in watching the Lord work within me:  I remember struggling with “The Road to Salvation” application all day that Saturday.  I would write a paragraph, and then delete it.  Write two paragraphs, and then delete it.  I got so frustrated I was going to scrap it altogether.  I was all set to shut down my computer for the night when I said a quick prayer:  “Lord, I know what I want to say but I just can’t seem to find the right words.  Please guide me through this.”  Thirty minutes later the application was written and posted onto my site.  His power never ceases to amaze me.

The greatest personal joy to come from this site is that I now have an answer to the question I posed in the “God is Faithful” application:  “Lord, why all the years of pain and suffering?”  I truly didn’t expect an answer, but the Lord provided one anyway:  “If you didn’t experience all those years of trials and tribulation, you would still be the selfish, arrogant man you were.  There would have been no desire to serve; only the desire to be served.  Furthermore, what on earth would you have been able to write about in all your verse applications?”
  
I hope this site has been a positive ministry to you all.  I don’t know how long “Frank’s World” will survive but I sure hope the spirit of Christ will never die from within me.   

Popular posts from this blog

Farewell Mike

  “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)   Last September, Dee and I made an extremely difficult decision to switch churches. The toughest part was leaving behind our “small group” made up of people that have become like family.  For decades, biweekly between the months of September and May, we’d get together to worship and pray with and for one another.  The prayers offered up there I firmly believe changed the trajectory of many lives for the better.     Back in 2015, an older gentleman, Mike, joined our group and we hit it off right from the start.  Mike was a prayer warrior – if I knew Mike was praying for us, I just had a deeper peace that whatever the situation was, it was going to work out for the best.  Mike also had the best memory I’ve ever been around – he even came to know my schedule...

Verse App Archive

Two Decades  - 07/09/2026 Farewell Mike  - 05/26/2026 The Christmas Shoebox  - 12/05/2025 The 25th Wedding Anniversary  - 07/01/2025 Face Down  - 03/30/2025 Farewell Neighbor  - 12/12/2024 Willing Scars  - 05/16/2024 The Christmas Miracle  - 12/15/2023 The Fixer  - 05/24/2023 Jesus Revolution  - 05/10/2023 9 17  - 10/06/2022 Farewell Nancy  - 06/26/2022 The Christmas Slippers  - 12/25/2021 Grain of Sand  - 09/24/2021 50  - 05/24/2021 The Resurrection of Gavin Stone  - 02/01/2021 Still Thankful  - 11/25/2020 Too Short?  - 09/25/2020 The Chosen  - 07/01/2020 Peace  - 03/19/2020 All in One  - 11/13/2019 Legacy  - 10/23/2019 A New Path  - 04/15/2019 Love Your Spouse  - 11/08/2018 A Good Word  - 09/11/2018 Still Your Birthday  - 06/08/2018 Six Hours - 03/29/2018 Small House, Big Home  - 12/15/2017 Break for the Better?  - 10/19/2017 Do ...

Two Decades

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the seas, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalms 46:1-3) To day marks two decades without my Dad.    I can’t believe it’s been that long already, but here we are.   So much has changed in 20 years – including the rise of AI.  Out of sheer curiosity, I just decided to ask it: ‘You don’t get over losing your Dad’ and it responded with:   “You are completely right. You don't ‘get over’ losing your dad; the intense pain doesn't just disappear with time. Instead, grief evolves. The sharp edges soften, and you slowly learn to carry the loss, weaving his memory and the lessons he taught you into the life you continue to build. Navigating this reality is a deeply personal journey, and it is completely normal to feel a mix of sorrow, longing, and gratitude all at o...